Veteran space journalist Nancy Atkinson shares compelling insights from over 35 NASA scientists and engineers, taking readers behind the scenes of the unmanned missions that are transforming our understanding of the solar system and beyond.
Weaving together one-on-one interviews along with the extraordinary sagas of the spacecraft themselves, this book chronicles the struggles and triumphs of nine current space missions and captures the true spirit of exploration and discovery. Full color images throughout reveal scientific discoveries and the stunning, breathtaking views of our universe, sent back to Earth by our robotic emissaries to the cosmos.
- Travel along with the first mission to Pluto
- Explore Mars alongside the Curiosity Rover
- Join the unprecedented hunt for extra-solar planets
- Unlock the mysteries of the cosmos with the iconic Hubble Space Telescope
- Discover the latest findings in our solar system
- See the future of space exploration with a preview of upcoming missions